Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Observation Report

I am investigating about leaf functions and will study about which plant dies first with my science group.

On the 10th of August, I gathered a large cup, soil and a tiny plastic bag and also a lamp. The teacher and I carefully poured the soil into my cup and planted the seed inside, so I WOULDN’T let anything fall on the carpet. It felt amazing. I then poured water in the cup.
I then carefully plugged the wire into the power point. Wiremu and I wrapped a piece of plastic onto a leaf. My science investigation group then observed.

The first day of observing the plant I noticed that it had not had any change so I waited the next day for any changes.
I then waited and looked at the plant and saw a leaf with no plastic bag on and it was wilting. One day later one of the plants died because it had been getting burnt. I think the plant with a bag on it had been blocked from the lamp’s light.

I have learnt that it is better to put a plastic bag on your plants because it won’t get burnt but will still have some sunlight
It is maybe NOT a good idea to use a lamp to grow your plants.I have learnt that it is better to put a plastic cover on your plants because it helps to keep them moist and warm. Maybe that is what a greenhouse is for.


No comments:

Post a Comment